Main gunpowder magazine
The first gunpowder magazine to be built in the fortress was placed above the bastion of Santa Bàrbara. This gunpowder magazine was constructed after the War of the Spanish Succession (1713-1715). It could hold up to 25,000 kilos of gunpowder. It was used to store gunpowder and the explosive materials of the castle and had a structure composed of buttresses, small vents in the walls of the building and a surrounding wall. Its structure has been preserved and today it houses an audio-visual display. It has the traditional appearance of facilities of this kind, characterised by the typical buttresses and surrounding wall.